Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Born Under A Bad Sign - Cover

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Posts: 13,715Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    Very interesting. This is one of the only times I would encourage someone to use just a hint more consonant. It's a great example of singing without the consonants. But we do want to add just enough when we have practiced the vowels, to that words like "crawl" don't sound totally like "awl". It needs just a hint of a small "c" to come together. The same is true for other words that were without consonants. But you're doing a good job. Is that you on some of the guitars, too?
  • ikingiking Posts: 196Pro
    edited August 28
    Hi Bob,

Yes, I agree the consonants need boosting. I hear that, but decided to go ahead for the other aspects of this recording.

Yes me on all guitars.

thanks.
  • highmtnhighmtn Posts: 13,715Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    Nice work on the guitars. I don't think you overdid the effects this time. Others might disagree, but I think it was tasteful. I'm just wanting to hear the consonants to clarify. Not much, but enough to where I know that that you've been Down since you began to crawl, as opposed to own ince oo e an oo awl... You're doing exactly what you should be doing to get ready to add the consonants back in... in fact the best I've heard anybody do that. If you can hang on to what you're doing with the vowels and add the right amount of consonant, it's going to have a very cool, unique sound.
    Thanks Bob. This sounds real positive - like I'm starting to get it.
  • ThePhotographerThePhotographer Posts: 10Member
    I'm sorry I had to miss out on hearing your recording. There's no link for me to see. I just wanted to add,.........NEVER QUIT! Just when people are about to break that barrier, they quit. It's sad. I know so many people who can't hold a tune, are jealous of those who can and try to discourage those who can, to quit :( !! Hopefully, I will get to listen to your recording soon. Thanks, Scott
    edited August 1
    Thanks for the advice Scott!

Yeah, this song was pretty much a break through for
    me --- after almost quitting .

I took the track down, cause it certainly wasn't perfect. And I like to give other people space for their stuff.

Peace