Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Judas Priest - Victim of Changes

Hello

I just did an awesome vocal cover of this classic judas priest song. I am proud of it. What do you think?

https://vocaroo.com/i/s11QDYjuvK3N

Comments

• Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Posts: 1,171Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO
    The good:
    - Your vocal top range is really impressive!
    - Cool use of that patented 80's wide vibrato

The bad:
    - Sounds like you are covering up/masking the tone for the most part... Could possibly be due to the excessive reverb that is stealing away your ping?
    - Sounds like you are doing some possible unsafe upper throat distortion techniques at several points there. (That is going to eventually cause you grief)
    - Gets pretty pitchy at points, but you manage to pull the train back onto the rails :wink:
    ------------------------------------------------------------

I'll just come out and say it...

You've been around the forum for about as long as I have so I'm curious as to why you've never taken the dive to get the full-on training?
    You clearly have talent and ability, as I see and hear with your frequent submissions. However, I am simply at a loss as to why you don't want to properly develop it past your plateau??

Honestly, If I had your top end range, I'd move heaven and earth to push it to the next level and try to perfect the whole package.

But that's just my 2 cents; take it as you will.

Regards,

Phillip
  • Simpan27Simpan27 Posts: 184Member
    Thanks man

Does it work to sing it live?

I had some trouble dont know if you noticed it during the verse line on ''trying to find my way again trying to get some new'' Halford goes up to a B4 and then some other high note. I figured it would be easier to sing that line in falsetto. What did you think?
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Posts: 1,171Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO
    As I mentioned earlier, if you want to make real progress and not just be stuck where you are at indefinitely... the answer is simple.
    Get the course and invest the time.