Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Hello from Norfolk VA

cuyahogacuyahoga Posts: 112.0 PRO
Hello!
My name is Mike and I am new to the vocal academy. I am in my late 40's and have been playing music since I was a teenager and stopped in my 20's for almost 20 years.
I have never considered myself a singer and always avoided singing because I could not stand the sound of my own voice. A couple years ago I started to play guitar again for mostly relaxation. Over a short period of time I have acquired more instruments, recording gear and have been having a great time playing a crafting tunes or whatever I feel like doing that day. Which brings me back to singing.
I never never learned to sing properly. There was the sing singing and ear training classes that developed an ear for notes, but not to vocalize at all. So I started to watch and implement ideas that Ken had posted freely on line and felt some rapid progress. So here I am! :) I can will post below examples of what I have done vocally- hold your ears :).

This is a hard rock type tune that I came up with while walking my dogs on the beach- using presonus recording interface and DAW.

Here is a Pink Floyd acoustic version of Mother that I recorded with my cell phone on the floor. ;)

I am really looking forward to working on the lessons ( just started the Volume one ) and realizing any progress and having fun!

Mike

Comments