Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Iron Maiden - The Trooper

Hello

I deicided to try one of my all time favourite songs by Iron Maiden. Pitch issues here im still training on.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0hxAnwWvYRg

Comments

• stratmanstratman Posts: 301Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO
    @Simpan27 If you have purchased any KTVA courses, you should request a change in status so that you can align your discussions with a specific course topic. Those forum sections have very focused discussion that would be helpful for you.
  • Simpan27Simpan27 Posts: 142Member
    How did it sound?
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Posts: 148Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO
    edited June 13
    @Simpan27 I have heard you in many posts, and you do have talent and a good voice that can be worked, in order to understand what is good and what is not, you need to either train from the KTVA Course or train from Ken´s youtube videos daily if you want to get results, you have a good voice,

In this audio you are imitating bruce dickinson,
    which in some part is good, because he is a great singer (and it´s an Iron Maiden song), but you are not understanding what you are doing from the technique perspective, so you´ll end up either imitating one or many singers without knowing what is worth keeping from your favorite singer´s techniques and you will keep on struggling, because not all of them have great technique, if you really want to improve, get a listen to this videos, watch them and practice them daily, if you apply what is here, It will help you a LOT!
    hope i was helpful

• Simpan27Simpan27 Posts: 142Member
    I do not try to imitate other singers. Its how i sound when i try to belt out high notes. Did i sound like him?
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Posts: 148Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO
    yes you did in some ways