Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

I want feedback

Hello

I would like some feedback on my vocal cover of a judas priest song. It is no music just vocals.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0XO4tImvSBn

Comments

• Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Posts: 1,062Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO
    @Simpan27, We can't really help until we hear you do the basics of the course. It's only from that that we can help guide you along.
    Submitting song after song really gives us nothing to work with... if the foundation isn't there, nothing will be solid.

Best advice is to get the course like you said... spend some time on it, THEN submit some of the BASIC exercises. At that point we can actually be of help.

Just remember, we all have to check our preconceived notions at the KTVA door, and approach it like we know nothing... and after a period of time, we may actually come to know something :wink:

" The definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting a different result." ~ Albert Einstein
  • stratmanstratman Posts: 364Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO
    @simpan27 those high distorted yelled notes are going to wreck your voice. You can make it sound just as powerful using glottal compression ... without hurting your vocal mechanism. Vibrato is wide but as mentioned previously, this seems to be a part of the style of the original singer that you're emulating. Your pitch could be a bit better but so could mine :smile:

As phil said (and I've said on other occasions to you), we really need to hear some basic scale exercises (on the AH vowel). Because we hear those scales every day, it's much easier for us to determine very specific things that we can comment on to help you.

Phil and I have given you this same feedback on a lot of your song postings, so I will refrain from commenting on future song posts.

Often after this feedback, you respond "but did it sound good?". Honestly, I have not heard any difference across all the songs you have posted and the pitch issues alone are distracting (similar to me). You have great potential to sing this style but fear that until you get feedback on the basic LAH and work on your pitch, you won't get the benefit of this forum.

Rob
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Posts: 356Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO
    @stratman I agree, same here, @Simpan27 hope you listen because we really want to help you get to the next level!