Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Stone sour - song#3 - Cover..

Hello everyone.. I wasn't born a singer at all, so I've practicing really hard for the past 7 months.. I'm gonna leave here a cover of this awesome song I did last week so you can tell me your thoughts on my singing, advices.. Anything that can help me is very much welcome.. Thanks!!!

Comments

• stratmanstratman Posts: 330Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO
    @Victorg_1994 It would be good if you posted a LAH scale rather than a song as it's easier for us to zone in on things to help you with. Regards this song ... the first 25 sec was a bit breathy. With more support you can sing quietly but with better tone (less breathy). After this point, you sang a lot of notes in D4-E4 area in your call voice but it was a bit shouty i.e. not well controlled/supported. I heard moments of distortion but hard to tell whether you were doing that safely, although I suspect not. There are a lot of pitch issues for you to work on (you can fix this with lots of scale practice to build muscle memory)
  • Victorg_1994Victorg_1994 Posts: 6Member
    edited July 12
    Thank you so much for your time and sorry for the double post, it was a mistake as I thought it didn't save one of the posts... OK OK, I'll record a LAH scale so I can get more help, as well as practice even more... Thank you so much! I'll work on my support too! > @stratman said:
    > @Victorg_1994 It would be good if you posted a LAH scale rather than a song as it's easier for us to zone in on things to help you with. Regards this song ... the first 25 sec was a bit breathy. With more support you can sing quietly but with better tone (less breathy). After this point, you sang a lot of notes in D4-E4 area in your call voice but it was a bit shouty i.e. not well controlled/supported. I heard moments of distortion but hard to tell whether you were doing that safely, although I suspect not. There are a lot of pitch issues for you to work on (you can fix this with lots of scale practice to build muscle memory)
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Posts: 255Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO
    @Victorg_1994 hi, to what @stratman i would only add to brighten the sound a little more like ken explains in his videos! :)