Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Getting a studio set up suggestions

Would love to set up a room just for me any thing suggested will take in consideration thank you. Not sure what alls involved and dont wanna over look basics

Comments

• videoacevideoace Posts: 1,561Pro, 2.0 PRO
    How you put your home studio together depends on a few things. budget, sound quality, and space. What do you plan on doing in your studio? original material? or just a way to record your singing?

I prefer simple. You can get stand alone DAW's, or you can get a turnkey system already built into a computer so all you have to do is plug it in, and go, but the turnkey systems are pricey.

Peace, Tony
  • CowboyBlue941CowboyBlue941 Posts: 11Member
    Mind blown I think ill focus on voice till i get more in tune to what i want. But just a true recording of myself honestly to start.
    Tascam, Fostex, Zoom make hand held two track recorders. Very good to high quality with reverb and echo effects . They cost somewhere around a hundred dollars.
    You can plug in an instrument, or music one one track, and plug a mic in on the second.
    They run on electricity or battery so you can record anywhere at anytime.

Peace, Tony
    You are a life saver buddy glad your a part of this group
    I appreciate that Cowboy.

Peace, Tony
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Posts: 1,173Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO
    Let's not forget the trusty (and portable) ZOOM R8.
    It gives you 8 tracks of recording space and can run on either AC or batteries
    Tony and I both have it and can vouch for its quality! :smile:
    edited August 13
    Awesome ty . So for my in home studio to start off with here is list of what i think ill try and upgrade from there.
    Focusrite Scarlett Solo
    Samson C01 Mic
    Krk Kns 6400 Headphones
    ProCo Xlr Cables
    Stage Mic Stand Tri pod
    Gator Pop Filter
    and set of Speakers coming soon
    The Scarlett has some DAWS with it trial ill use and get good on before upgrading.
    Sounds like a good way to get your feet wet with digital recording. The Focusrite comes with Ableton live which is good recording software, and has loops you can use to help write/record songs.

The reason I mentioned the handheld 2 track was because that is just a plug, and play unit. The software you are about to get into is a little tricky if you're a beginner, but if not it's awesome software.

Enjoy!

Peace, Tony
    Will also look into portable as well thank you again and have a great day/night
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Posts: 1,173Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO
    KRK also make great studio monitors :smile: