Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Call register

My call register starts about at the D#4 or E4. I can go to F#4, but no further. Well...I can stretch myself to G#4, even to A4, but it is really hard and requires so much power and energy, that it feels like I'm doing something wrong. Even at F#4 it starts to go hard for me. Only E4 and F4 sounds okay in my call register. I don't want to blow off my chords.
I'm now on the vol.1. Ken said, that I wanna stretch my chest as far as I can. So here's my question: should I try to stretch it to G4 with my full voice or it's better to sing it lightly first and little by little add more power the further I go? I want to belt and singing hard rock stuff, tho.

UPD: by the way, I know about vowel modification. I just can't get that OO like "hook" feeling in the back of my throat. With the OH like "loft" it was very natural and easy. But from OH to OO...man, I just can't get it. When I do this, my voice gets kinda distorted sound and I don't think it's good for me...I said before, that my voice becomes thinner and like distorted. And I know Ken said, that we thinness our sound, but I don't feel like my G4 sounds like Ken's G4, you know. I think I really need to record myself and upload here.

Comments

• videoacevideoace Posts: 1,363Pro, 2.0 PRO
    If you have this course, you need to update your status. You are losing out on a lot of valuable information that is posted here for the students enrolled in the course course.

Peace, Tony