Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

What do you think of this guy's voice?

simodefasimodefa Posts: 42.0 PRO
edited August 13 in The Singer's Lobby
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5irlaX6qNdg

Incredible range, very good technique?, but still I feel something is missing, like a bit of mid low frequencies. What do you think?

I'm sorry I may have posted it in the wrong category.

Comments

• Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Posts: 1,188Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO
    Moved to the Singer's Lobby for you :smile:

For the most part, he sounds pretty cool and has the Sebastian Bach sound down.
    I'm far from a definitive expert on all things vocal, but I think that he might be pushing that high end edgy distortion into some pretty dangerous zones...
    It cost SB his high range within a few years.
    Of course, singing in a high-performance manner requires a fair amount of maintenance to keep your voice from self-destructing... Just relying on natural talent without a solid foundation and a maintenance routine is pretty much a vocal death sentence.
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Posts: 629Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO
    sounds really cool, but he mostly over pronounces a lot and as @Furious_Phil said, he is going in some dangerous zones with that distortion
    @Gaston_Jauregui, I think the over-pronunciations are an effect of him mimicking Sebastian Bach's style... which is pretty darned close.
  • Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Posts: 629Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO
    edited August 14
    @Furious_Phil yes it is really close and sounds really cool!! but keeping the voice safe is more my concern always instead of how close we can get to any artist, i come from a lot of vocal struggle and damage so Its been a long run, and I always tend to sound harsh when I say this things but its always in terms of saving time and voice haha not in any bad sense at all
    I totally get what you're saying with that.
    Of course I'm more focused on doing it safe that to be a carbon copy... UNLESS of course the singer was doing it safely to begin with :+1: