Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Bon Jovi- Wanted Dead or Alive Cover

DiegoDiego Posts: 383Member
https://vocaroo.com/i/s18b7aFDZkB8
@videoace @highmtn @Furious_Phil @Gaston_Jauregui @blondiewales @bentk @stratman
Pretty cool Bon Jovi track.
Please check it out and give me feedback!

Thank you!

Comments

• bentkbentk Posts: 968Pro, 2.0 PRO
    One of the better recordings i heard from you as far as vocals go, good job! pretty solid pitch too. I think you are constantly improving, well done.

You come in a little harsh on some vowels, and you also hear some volume spikes there. Glottal compression is something that can help you a lot there, that's taught in VOL3 of the singing program.

Recording wise i don't have a lot of feedback for you. Your voice recording doesn't seem to blend well with the backing track, and it all seemed a little high on the treble to me. But it is a good show case for where your singing ability is now.

Thanks for sharing, Diego!
  • DiegoDiego Posts: 383Member
    edited August 28
    Yes, I agree with the recording. I put some reverb on the vocals and I think thatvjus messed everything up. Is there a way toblike extract effects from a track? And I should've done compression.

Thank you so much for your feedback! @bentk
  • highmtnhighmtn Posts: 13,743Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    Diego, record your vocals dry. Add any reverb or other effects while mixing, so if it's too much or not enough you can adjust, non-destructively.