Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Old School AOR From the early 80’s!

DiverDiver Member Posts: 8
Hey gang. Been singing for 45 years and am part of 2 studio projects just for fun. Im a huge fan of the Original Supergroup of the early 1980’s. ASIA! Here is my band “The Aurora Project” doing a tribute song to Asia’s late lead vocalist. The great John Wetton, who was also in the 1970’s Prog rock giants King Crimson, UK, Roxy Music, and Family. This is from Asia’s second LP called Alpha from the summer of 1983. It’s a deep album track power ballad called “Never in a Million Years”. We do songs as duets.....Let me know what you all think! Thank You!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u7hg9-t-aYk&list=PLWsdB14UklKuZPbSEejgPehWJoW3b7254&index=9&t=0s

Comments

• Options
    zowmanzowman STREAMING PRO Posts: 61
    edited September 2018
    Absolutely amazing man. Hope I can get to your level of proficiency one day.
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    Cool song. Nice job.
  • Options
    highmtn said:

Cool song. Nice job.

Thanks so much for your kind words!

• Options
    zowman said:

Absolutely amazing man. Hope I can get to your level of proficiency one day.

I appreciate your kind words. Thanks so much. This is my musical genre from the late 1970’s to the mid 1980’s. I love it as it’s the music of my youth.
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    Last band I was in that used Moog Tarus bass pedals, one of the songs we played was "Heat of the Moment". That was when that song was on the radio.
  • Options
    Awesome! Taurus Bass pedals give such a unique and huge backbone to a song! The pedals that we use are actually the pedals that John Wetton used for both UK albums, as well as the first 3 Asia albums. They were purchased from a friend of John’s in the UK. We have 2 other tribute songs to John Wetton if anyone else would like to hear them....Love and thanks to Ken for allowing us to share and exchange musical info on here!