Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

How to get feedback on my singing.

All,

I have a question in regards to the course. I've been working with KTVA for over a year now and I have seen gains in my ability. My only problem is I can't afford to spend the money I think I need to by taking private lessons with Ken. I have another instructor that I used in the past that is a lot cheaper, but I'm sure so is the quality.

One thing I do think I benefit from this other instructor is that I'm able to work with him on a continuous basis. This allows me to get feedback on the spot and I value an outside source to critique my positives and negatives. I guess my question is, how do I get this critique from the KTVA course so that I can gain all of the benefits from it aside from taking lessons from Ken, which I can't do too often? I do think KTVA is the best vocal training around and I don't like mixing two different teaching methods, but I value a coach to help me in my problem areas, but at a cheaper, more consistent time table. Help!!!!!

Best Answer

Answers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    edited December 2013

Ken, a question related to the topic:
    Is there a possibility of a future instructor in Spanish?, This would be great for me because only basic English is listening and very modulated as British English.
    I had also thought about taking classes in 6 months but I can not if they are in English.
    Thanks in advance!
  • jnaabjnaab Pro Posts: 28
    I share the same question/need and am curious about a service from Ken and/or his trained instructors whereby I could submit some short mp3 files, such as scales on the "ah" sound and a song, or part of a song, and could receive detailed written feedback. The feedback could include some type of "on a scale of 1 to 10" for several parameters, such as support, compression, vowel mods, use of consonants, timbre and so on. I'm imagining something that might take about 15 minutes of the reviewer's time and could be priced accordingly.

It's not only that I'm on a tight budget here in Brazil, but also because I don't have a place where I can do a skype lesson. I can't make that kind of noise in my apartment and I have no internet access in the two places where I train each day.