Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

how can i classify my vocal range

Hi,

Im on Volumn 2 now and Ken mentioned so many times about beri n tenor, so i think i would b better understand n feeling the exercise if i know what i am.

But im totally no background to know how to classify vocal range. i've been searching for range classify clip, but still doesn't feel right. The clip is below:

can i use this one? and when i do it, i have to use only chest voice? or includ head voice too?

Thanks for help!! 

Best Answers

Answers

• TungPavintTungPavint Pro Posts: 18
    Yaa, I'll used this classification just for my initial understanding on Ken's lesson. Coz from the passed 3 months, i knew that KTVA course can put me through lot more.

Thanks a lot Bob, and sorry for late, but Merry Christmas to u, to Ken, to all our KTVA Family!!
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

It's still Christmas where I am right now, and I have a slice of fresh pumpkin pie in my lap as I write this!

Merry Christmas to you as well, @tung.p  !!!

Bob

• TungPavintTungPavint Pro Posts: 18
    ohhh, i forgot our time zone!

Im totally apoligized to disturb you on good day like this. This just made me even more apprecited for your kindness for helping.

I do wish you the all best Bob.

Tung Pavint
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

No problem, @Tung.

I am privileged to be able to help you and encourage you in your vocal journey! 

The pie was delicious and I enjoyed it while reading and answering your message.  It had a nice scoop of ice cream on top!

: ^ )

Bob

Actually dairy of any kind is supposed to be terrible for your voice, in terms of creating mucus.

That said, nothing beats a couple of gargantuan scoops of ice cream on top of some delicious Holiday Pie!!!

Yum, Yum.  'Tis the Season!!

; ^ )

Bob