Home The Singer's Lobby

Do these singers have a good technique ?

SatsuSatsu Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 4
Hello everybody, I'm sort of new here, so I was wondering, whether these guys have a good technique or they don't, thanks!

So these guys are my Idols, ofcourse I would include Mr. Ken Tamplin. But I think everybody knows that he's technique is not even questionable, haha. 

Rock on! 

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

The heavy distortions on Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington may cause their singing careers to be cut short. These are extreme distortion and do not sound safe to me.

Their cleaner sounds are more sustainable, and sound pretty good. Marco Hietala sounds for the most part, like decent technique.

All three are great singers.  Hopefully they will avoid vocal damage from too much glottal shock.

Bob

• SatsuSatsu Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 4
    Thank you Bob, 

I thought somewhat the same :) In my opinion, Marco has better control of he's voice, where he can be quiet with great tone, and roar like a lion and make that sound safely. Thanks again :) 
  • FMLFML Pro Posts: 14
    @highmtn if you listen to chris cornell now, you can hear that he has damaged his voice. He is still singing great, but sound more airy nowadays
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

@FML,

It is sad that some of the sounds that have made an artist famous are the very techniques that eventually destroy their careers.

We can duplicate or approximate these same sounds by using safer methods and by careful application of these methods. It only takes a little distortion to go a long ways.  It's not an "all or nothing" thing. 

There is a lot of art and craftsmanship to singing that many do not realize.

Bob

• JoyceJoyce Pro Posts: 131
    Interesting.
    I understand what distortion means now.
    Thanks