Home Vocal Health and Wellness

got sore troat after straining cords

I'm doing vocals everyday after school when no ones at home. Sometimes my sister comes back home (which annoys me cz i cant exercise after school anymore ,and when im not warmed up i get stressed out) So i go to beach and exercise  there for two-three (sometimes even more) hours. After these hours i achieve vocal freedom , i feel my folds are very flexible and full of energy. It becomes to sing easier after all. Like i don't have to push a little to sing up.

The day before yesterday i exercised at home and i think i over exercised and push even higher. Pull my chest very high and discover very good mixed sound ( i want to improve this section of my range)
After i was done with vocals  i started singing  (sometimes i  cant stop singing after the vocal freedom) and finally i felt tension in my throat (not cords though) soft palate. 

i think its weird when you get sick after over-singing
cant wait to get better

Answers

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

@GeorgeM

You will recover, but give yourself time to let your cords get back to normal.

It's easy to oversing.  Usually we just get carried away and don't realize that we're overdoing it.

Just chill for a while and learn to take it a little easier and be watchful for signs of vocal fatigue as you are working out.

Bob