Home Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos

Jay Buchanan no training

I just recently watched an interview where Jay states he never had any training!!!! I dont understand where he gets the power!? is it just from years of singing ? Any tips on how to get this kind of power?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBwSPa55gJ0

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Some people grow up listening to good singers and are able to imitate at a very early age.  I have known a few singers that were from musical families that grew up listening to Dad and Mom, Grandpa and Grandma singing and playing. 

I hear an Open Throat with great tone, lack of strain (even when distorting without killing his voice), great support, range, and natural mods.

If we all sang with the proper methods, none of us would need vocal instruction.  Since that is not the case, the rest of us have to learn to sing like that. 

You grew up in a family with musical influences, and that may be where some of your natural talent comes from.  We all have to find our way from where we are now to where we want to be.  Jay sounds very good and very natural with his style.

Bob

• louisjameslouisjames Enrolled Posts: 125
    Cool man, I guess i thought id be more natural, but my voice is different i guess, i learned what i did just from growing up, guess theres no shame in learning to improve my craft :) il get there in the end i reckon, i have a decent platform to go off so far :)
  • louisjameslouisjames Enrolled Posts: 125
    Basically, if i keep singing and going through vol3 i will grow and develop and stronger sound ?

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354