Home About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy

Online lessons

Hello,

I'm just wondering how often, money being the issue, should one take online vocal lessons with Ken to get the most benefit out of this program? I practice to the different volumes, but there are times when I just need that explanation on a question I have. I feel like I have progressed through Ken's program, but I have tons of questions and need some one on one critique and observation into how I'm doing. I don't want to invest in another vocal coach or teacher whether local or online, since they don't teach what Ken has developed. The only thing is that they are cheaper, but not at the level that Ken is at. How do I go about this?

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

You can email ktvahelp@gmail.com and ask about scheduling a lesson.

You should schedule one and talk to Ken about how often you might want to get together with him.  You can have Ken give you assignments to work on until your next lesson, then go over that material when your next lesson comes around.  There are lots of ways to go about it.  Once a month would be a good cycle.  If that doesn't work, talk it over with Ken and see what might work for you. 

On your first lesson Ken will identify a lot about your specific voice.  From there you can expand on your personal plan to improve.

Bob

• jpachecolmjpachecolm Enrolled, 2.0 PRO Posts: 40
    Ok, that sounds good. I don't have do be in the expert stage to sign up for a lesson, correct? It's just a little intimidating working with someone who has accomplished so much in the music business. I am truly dedicated to getting as good as I possibly can, so I have to begin somewhere, right? Anyway, thanks for the advice.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Yes, you can start at any stage, but the fact that you have been doing the KTVA volumes means you already have built a base in the fundamentals of what Ken teaches.  That's way better than having him teach you everything you've already learned.  You're that far ahead of starting from scratch.
  • jpachecolmjpachecolm Enrolled, 2.0 PRO Posts: 40
    Ok, thanks for the information. I've contacted Ken at the email you listed above. Now it's just a matter of time. I get what you're saying about having the fundamentals already in place. I do love this method of singing and I can't wait to work with Ken.