Home Vocal Health and Wellness

throat and nasal problems

When I had kidney failure in 2011 I found that my voice had changed. I am nasal always and my throat feels as if there is sand in it. I can't sing or do exercises without my voice cracking. Even singing along to music has become impossible I am always thirsty. My kidneys are fine now and am so grateful for my life but I do miss singing from my heart and rejoicing.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Wow.  I am so sorry to hear that.  Thank God you didn't lose your kidneys. 

I know this is probably a silly question, so pardon me for asking, but does your dryness persist even when you drink a LOT of water?  

Do you know that too much air escaping through the vocal cords will dry your cords out and give you lots of problems?.  Do you know if you are able to close your vocal cords together to reduce the amount of air passing through, or do you have an airy sound?

All the Best!

Bob

• JANETJANET Member Posts: 2
    Yes the dryness persists I have been told it is all in my head by doctors. You are kind to talk to me. I have had trouble with throat closing up but I can just about control that now. I am breathy yes.