Home Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos

The Amazing Voice of Rance Allen

I don't usually link my self-made compilations on forums, but I really want people to recognize the otherworldly voice of Mr. Rance Allen. One of the greatest soul/gospel singers I've ever heard, his voice is simply full of passion and his range pretty much endless with that elasticity that seems to prevail everywhere he spontaneously goes. Prepare for some jaw-dropping moments when he gets into his super head voice, the way he flails himself up there is probably the most creative way I've ever heard anybody use their highest register.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

I like this guy.  Nice tone at 0:39.  This is really some of my favorite genre of singing.  Talk about singing with soul!

I could listen to this everyday, all day, non-stop!   I did hear a little "gospel jaw" at 3:33...  the head voice at 5:39... crazy!

6:36 sounds like Mariah Carey stopped by...  This is a person with a massive diaphragm who learned to control its action to his benefit.

Cool Video.

Bob

• timitzitimitzi Enrolled Posts: 14
    Ain't it crazy how he uses his voice? Thanks for checking it out!
  • timitzitimitzi Enrolled Posts: 14
    edited November 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8yazpKUl_8 
     One more for those of you who are interested! Amazing, quasi-operatic belting on this one and some very effortless high notes with tons of soul.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

The video is shaky and blurry, and I had to jiggle my headphones just-so, in order to not go crazy with the sound in just one ear, but the singing is out of this world!

Sustained Bb4 with tons of chest tone, and an F5 in one spot... All with so much soul, it's righteous, brother!

: ^)

Bob

• wabba_treadswabba_treads Pro Posts: 40
    Timi you're back! That Rance Allen video is one of my favorite vocal compilations you did. This guy definitely has heavenly pipes!  He sounds a bit like Ian Gillan in his extreme highs.

What have you been up to lately? Hows KTVA going with you? 
  • UnderminingUndermining Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 3

Nice to hear from you as well, wabba! I've been practicing rigorously trying to master the first volume. There's some big improvements, but also some problems I'm running into (mainly around the troublesome Bb4-C5 area and regarding air). We'll see how these turn out to be as time goes on! Sometimes, there's a massive sense of improvement, sometimes the usual frustration of somebody who is spending so much time mastering something so important to himself.

• eRichey72eRichey72 Pro Posts: 13
    Is this what distortion and hyper glottal compression sounds like for Gospel, Soul & Funk? I'm a big fan of Rance Allen's voice, and any other artist that can sing like THAT.

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Guys,

if I would be able to sing like this one day I would really fall on my knees. That is absolutely amazing. So much soul in his voice. I get goose bumps.

Great, Doc