Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

How To Sing with Volume?

Hello there, I would like to sing as loud as Arnel Pineda from the band Journey. (The new lead singer since 2008) I would love to have his volume but with my own tone. He sings very strong and powerful. Is there a part in KTVA in any volumes(1-3) that teach this technique? Im only on the end of volume 1 starting volume 2. 

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

@whoisj15,

Following the entire course will strengthen your voice.  Your voice will grow over the course of all three volumes.

That said, part of the course will teach you to reduce your volume.  That will be necessary if you want to prevent blowing out your vocal cords.  Don't forget why Arnel was hired in the first place.  Steve Perry blew his voice out.

Volume for the sake of volume is not necessarily a good thing.  KTVA WILL give you a powerful voice, and doing the exercises properly, over a long period of time, will grow your voice.

Bob

• whoisj15whoisj15 Pro Posts: 139
    Thank . Im also wondering if Arnel is using Glottal Compression. Which Im not far enough to grasp.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Hopefully he is.  Otherwise he too could blow his voice out.  I'm sure he has vocal coaching, so it would make sense that he is getting good advice.

Bob