Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

I need help with some exercises

I need to know if i'm doing the exercises in the fine way

I just woke up when I did this if sounds strange sometimes is because that, i think

thanks

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

It's best to upgrade your forums status and get help in the Volume One area.

Your pitch is good.

Lighten up your breath throughout , especially in the area you are getting the yodel in the tongue exercise.  Relax the tongue.  Keep doing the exercise and focus on relaxing the tongue.  It doesn't require tension in the tongue. You're just not used to it.

Again on the Lah, you are pushing too much air. Watch Ken's videos on how to do the breath.  To support the breath you need to push down on the diaphragm when you get to those high notes that you are pushing too hard on.  You are going into head voice where your voice breaks.  Instead you should use more support and try to stay in chest voice and take those notes to chest voice.

In the Laa exercise, you are starting each one with LAH, eh, eh, eh , eh, eh, eh.  Instead, see if you can sing Laa (where the aa is an A as in AND, or Land, pan, van, etc...) I understand that English may not be your first language, but you want a consistent vowel, instead of changing from Lah to eh, and it's an A as in Apple.  AA.  I hope that makes sense to you, but I might not be...  my apologies if I'm not explaining it well enough.

Good job with the scale on Laa, just try to get the vowel closer to aa, consistently, all the way through.

Your tone is good, but it could be a little brighter.

All the Best.

Bob

• nazarenosuozzinazarenosuozzi Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Bob!!! You're awesome

i couldn't move this thread to new section

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    This is good if it's a LAH.

If it's a LAA, then it needs to be more like A as in HAT. 

You need to increase the support on your breath.  Push down on the diaphragm throughout and increase that push as you go higher.

You have a speed bump at your passagio.  You should work at smoothing that out. 

The reason you can't move this thread is because you haven't requested a forums upgrade yet.

To do that, copy and paste into an email to ktvaforums@gmail.com a copy of your KTVA purchase reciept. Mention your username here on the forums so that your account can be found and upgraded. 

All the Best!

Bob