Home Off Topic
Options

My daughter is doing the exercises

janjan Enrolled Posts: 23
edited May 2012 in Off Topic
Hi everyone!
I just want to tell you a funny thing that happened to me this evening.
After bringing my little daughter to bed (she's 4 years old) I started with my exercises downstairs. But I guess it was to loud, cause during the LAH-exercise I suddenly heard my little girl over the baby-monitor singing the LAH exercise, too. And she actually did it way better than me!!! :-)
So I went upstairs and asked her if she could hear me doing the lessons and she said: "Yes, Daddy, I can hear you. Could you please wait until I'm sleeping? Cause otherwise I can't help singing along with Ken. But I'm so tired and I want to sleep!"

How funny!

So I'm reading through the Forum now and wait a few minutes until I can go on with the exercises...

Good singing to you all!
Jan

Comments

• Options
    mivisonmivison Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 191
    my 4 year old granddaughter does the same thing :^)
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    Funny stuff!!!
  • Options
    Vol1singerVol1singer Enrolled Posts: 7
    haha thats pretty cool.
  • Options
    sspatricksspatrick Enrolled Posts: 1,278
    i've started my 2 yr old daughter on the program as well.  she has mastered the lip bubble, and tongue exercise.  And does a pretty good Lah as well.  
  • Options
    GuevaraGuevara Enrolled Posts: 140
    Haha that's brilliant!! And be sure to pay attention to their breathing, diaphragm support and open throat technique when they are having a massive screaming temper tantrum... it's textbook stuff:-)
  • Options
    janjan Enrolled Posts: 23
    Yes, your right! If I would scream for even 1 minute  the same way my boy (2,5 year old) sometimes does for 10 minutes, I'm sure I couldn't talk for the next two weeks! :-)

Why do we loose this "natural breathing technics" we all had as a child? And have to re-learn them so hard when we want to sing?
    Mother Nature is cruel to us, isn't she? :-)
  • Options
    sspatricksspatrick Enrolled Posts: 1,278
    I think it is because we start to care about what we look or sound like, to be quite honest.  Children are just trying to communicate how they are feeling, they don't care if it sounds good or not.  Actually, the more horrible it sounds, the quicker they get our attention!lol
  • Options
    GuevaraGuevara Enrolled Posts: 140

Haha, yeah it's all down to social conditioning.... I blame my parents for the fact that I can't do those face melting screams anymore:-)