Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Delilah (Tom Jones) - Decided to try belting songs after a while

timliu92timliu92 Member Posts: 65
Hi dear KTVA,

After a while, I decided to try belting songs in order to see how I fare well within my passaggio (i.e. the G4-A4 region). I notice that I can stay in tune within my bridge compared to the past when I keep cracking, but I find the tone rather a little bit too chesty. How do I ensure that it sounds less chesty but also retaining that warmth Tom Jones has (that man's range is a die for)? At the same time, I am also wondering if there are any feedbacks or comments on this rather dramatic tune, such as expression, dynamics, etc. Thanks all! Attached is the link of my practice session for you all to check out, where I purposely increased the vocal recording on the mix to ensure that you can hear every single detail of my vocals.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    You are using a low-larynx, covered sound when you go up to your high notes. Instead, see if you can keep your larynx more neutral, and pare down the sound as you go up the scale.

Bob