Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Do's and don'ts to take care our voice.

Hey guys , i'm new around here and i just began my training.Before starting I heard some things about what should I do to protect my throat as well as my voice, like stop drinking cold (or even hot) beverages.What's true and what is false.Thanks for te support. Heavy Metal! lml

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    @Gabriel073,

Room temperature water is best. Cold drinks can have the same effect on your voice as cold water on your muscles, and cause them to be less relaxed.

Avoid sugared drinks and alcohol, as well, if you want to keep your vocal cords at their best.

Bob
  • Gabriel073Gabriel073 Pro Posts: 12
    I'll stay away from all you said.Thanks a lot Bob, greetings from México. lml
  • AlixandreaAlixandrea Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 3
    Warm drinks can be good, as they help to warm up and bring blood flow to your vocal folds as they pass down the oesophagus. Not too hot, and ideally not caffeinated. Herbal teas are better, especially with liquorice in. As Bob said, avoid sugar and alcohol. You might also want to experiment with avoiding dairy too. Although there's no scientific data to back this up, many people (including myself) feel more congested after they have eaten cheese or drunk milk. Literally within a minute of me eating cheese, I will start coughing...

All the usual stuff applies; get plenty of sleep, work out regularly, sing regularly, eat well, and drink lots and lots of fluids. :smile: