Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hello from northern NY

Hello everyone, My name is Matt French and I am a singer/guitarist that has been in several bar bands and used to be in a Trans Siberian Orchestra tribute band. I am actually hopeful and have started the audition process to become a singer in TSO. I just started the How To Sing Better Than Anybody Else coarse. I am on stage 1 right now, and am trying to do the full video and audio (about 2 - 2 1/2 hours) to get my voice up to par. I've been singing for years but have always had a problem with losing my voice by the end of the night at a gig. So I welcome any tips that anyone has that have been doing this coarse for a while. I want to make sure that I am making the most of every minute that I am doing this coarse. Well hope everyone is having a great day and I am so proud to be part of this amazing group of people taking this coarse. Cheers everyone.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Hi, @pip_060878

Good to hear from you. Take your time and learn every step of the way. Even though you've been singing for years, if you lose your voice, you haven't learned everything you really need to know about the voice. Don's skip ahead or think any of the basic instructions are beneath you. Learn to do this Ken's way, and when you get to the part about preserving your voice, you will have all of the information and the techniques you'll need to be able to sing without blowing out your voice.

We're glad you're here.

Welcome!

Bob
  • pip_060878pip_060878 Pro Posts: 15
    Thanks for the tips. I definitely don't think anything is beneath me. So glad I got this course. I've always just had to learn on my own. My area has no vocal teachers aside from just school chorus teachers. And I have been out of school for 20 years. =)