Home About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy

Choosing a program

fcstr07fcstr07 Member Posts: 1
It seems the Weekend Warrior course was made for me... I don't have a lot of time due to my schedule (work/kids/performing) and I'm gigging on average 3-4 times a month for the past year and foreseeable future, so I definitely want to 'get to the point' as the description says. My two questions are:

1) Will the shorter course address tension in the throat/voice (even if only indirectly)? My main issue is a feeling of pressure and tension in the throat after gigs -- not every time but it's enough to be a concern.

2) Is there a way to upgrade to the complete course later?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Weekend Warrior is a separate course, so there isn't really an "upgrade" to the rest of the course for later.

If you are looking for the techniques that will give you more vocal longevity and teach you how to avoid hoarseness, that's going to require the whole course, and I recommend the Pro Bundle.

I know what you mean about the work/kids/performing aspect, but in the long run, you will benefit more from the Pro Bundle. Just take your time with it.

All the Best!

Bob
  • WaynebWayneb Member Posts: 11
    Yep, go the pro bundle course. I got the weekend warrior course, and to be honest I wish now I'd paid the extra to get the full course.

It's a good course but if you already are a pretty experienced singer, it's not really for you. At least that's what I've found...now I'm saving my $$$ again.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Weekend Warrior does not include Student-level access to the forums, so that is a consideration as well.