Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Dream on

DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
Please, I need some tips on how to sing Dream on xD.

Comments

• DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    By Aerosmith. xD.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Tip #1. Complete KTVA Volumes 1, 2, and 3. Practice diligently every day all of the things taught. That may take a year, maybe more, depending on the focus and effort you put into it. Then do Building Head Voice. Practice more. Then start working on a song like that.

You simply have to build a solid foundation for your voice to even attempt a song of that magnitude, let alone do a good job on it. Without a firm foundation in the fundamentals of singing, you could hurt yourself trying.

All the Best!

Bob
    I have seen that song takes a TON of breath support. Yeah I have to practice, 1# on my list. I can only hit the F4's at the start, ''Everytime I look in the mirror'' ''All these lines on my face getting clearer'' I think they are F4's or F#4 not sure, then after that it tensions my throat, so I came for some advice. I'll be sure to do what you said.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Give it some time, Diego. Many of us have been working towards songs like that, but there is a lot to learn before you've built up enough stamina and skill to take on some of the most impressive songs in Rock or Pop. You need the right information and to implement that information by correct practice to build your voice sufficiently before attempting monster songs.

We all have to start from somewhere and do the right things to get us to our destinations.

Bob
    :) Thank you Bob.