Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

G4

DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
Apparently after hard work and weeks of practice I could actually reach a G4 (barely). I could not before, but it is a sign I suppose I am at least doing something.
I got to reinforce it so i can effortlesly reach it right?
Anyways, I'll continue.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    Don't force it. Try to ease into it. Support the breath.
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    Thanks.

What do you mean when you say ease into it?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    Ease into the G4 means to do it gently, not hard. The note will grow if you don't kill it by forcing it.

• jimmygneccofanjimmygneccofan Member Posts: 25
    How long? Haha. I've had a weak G5 for months. I want to sing "Child In Time" someday in this lifetime. I've been practicing the notes every day for months and have been singing for 15 years. I have a strong rich low baritone voice but I just started really and properly focusing hard on hitting convincing G4-G5's. I can barely and occasionally squeak out anything higher. Thanks.
    Some of the higher breakthroughs you will continue to get come very infrequently, but they do keep coming. Be sure to continue working out and following instructions, and you will be amazed. A "weak G5" isn't anything to be ashamed of. Any G5 is beyond the comprehension of a lot of vocalists. Sometimes you will be surprised when you ease off a little on your voice that some of the notes you've been struggling to hit in the past are suddenly very accessible, and with relative ease. The voice keeps growing, if you gently keep knocking on the door and don't abuse it.

I would say that about every six months my voice keeps surprising me in delightful ways. Every time I gain new territory like that, I marvel. I've studied and practiced at a lot of different vocal methods. This kind of progress never happened with any of the others. Singing now just keeps on getting easier for me.
    Great info from ya man. Really appreciate it.
    highmtn said:

Some of the higher breakthroughs you will continue to get come very infrequently, but they do keep coming. Be sure to continue working out and following instructions, and you will be amazed. A "weak G5" isn't anything to be ashamed of. Any G5 is beyond the comprehension of a lot of vocalists. Sometimes you will be surprised when you ease off a little on your voice that some of the notes you've been struggling to hit in the past are suddenly very accessible, and with relative ease. The voice keeps growing, if you gently keep knocking on the door and don't abuse it.

I would say that about every six months my voice keeps surprising me in delightful ways. Every time I gain new territory like that, I marvel. I've studied and practiced at a lot of different vocal methods. This kind of progress never happened with any of the others. Singing now just keeps on getting easier for me.

Whoa...So weird we were discussing this; I was just messin around with 'Here I Go Again' and hit that F#5 so hard that I decided to move it up to G5 and killed it. Now, if I can just do it like that all the time and get up to that A5! Soooo stoked! And I'm really more of a Jeff/Tim Buckley, Jimmy Gnecco, Thom Yorke, Bowie, Jim Morrison, Lou Reed, Townes Van Zandt kind of guy. However, the hair band singers and Deep Purple crew have some killer vocalists!! Plus, the music is fun.