Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

How To Preserve The Voice?

how can i preserve my Voice Cause im afraid to have a Low Voice when Maturity Hits me right Now im 15 and im a High tenor i Can Reach My Note Until Some Soprano keys without Falceto,Please Help Me i Want My voice To Stay in its range

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    edited November 2016
    That is a very good question, @markbuyay12, but the simple answer is to learn proper vocal techniques. Very few vocal instructors or vocal methods teach all of the right things that will actually prevent you from blowing out or losing your voice.

After puberty, when you go through your change in voice, you WILL experience a difference in your voice. You will grow physically, begin growing whiskers, and experience hormonal changes that will add depth to your voice. You may also lose the high end of your voice. You will have to learn to connect your new "chest voice" to your old "head voice".

That said, you should start learning about the voice and working with it in order to try to "surf through" the changes that will be happening with your voice. If you're on top of it, you can have an easier time of trying to adapt as these changes come about, so that you can have the best outcome when the changes subside and your new voice comes home to roost.

Many males who sang as a youth give up at puberty, because the voice begins to "break" or "yodel" and that is what causes them to be embarrassed. That is only a passing phase, however. Still, learning to manage the break (known as the passaggio) can be a little tough, because as your growth in your teenage years can make it a "moving target". So you have to be patient and work through it, as time goes by.

Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy starts you from Ground Zero and teaches the foundations for a great voice. That said, there are so many different aspects that combine together to create a healthy voice, it is several months into the program before you have progressed enough to be ready to apply some additional techniques that actually provide the ability to protect and preserve your voice over the long haul. KTVA training continues to advance your knowledge of the voice, and takes you to professional levels of singing performance, if you apply yourself to the techniques that are presented.

You have to build a degree of stamina in your voice, strength, and tone, as well as breath control. After training in these areas (and more) you will be ready to learn even finer control over the singing breath that can give you the ability to sing very demanding vocal pieces, for hours on end, for days and weeks on end, without experiencing vocal failure.

So your voice WILL change, as much as you may want it to stay in its present range. It's like saying you don't want to grow. But you WILL grow from a young person into an adult, and because of that you will gain low notes that you don't presently have.

If you keep working your voice on high notes, and learn to shed the low sound as you go higher in your voice, you may be able to preserve a lot of the high vocals that you now can do.

Think of Michael Jackson. He started out as a child singer, and was a very good one. He went through puberty and preserved a lot of the child-like qualities of his voice, well into adulthood. He learned to adapt to the changes his body went through. He did lose SOME of his "little boy" voice, but wow! What a voice he had in his 20's through his later life!

I wish I had started voice training with KTVA when I was your age! That would have given me YEARS and YEARS of great singing that I missed out on. But Ken was just a little kid back then, and didn't have his great vocal program.

You are in a great position to learn to sing well from the beginning of your Prime Time.

Do what you have to do to take advantage of the opportunity before it passes you by.

All the Best!

Bob

• markbuhay12markbuhay12 Member Posts: 23
    Thank You Mr.Bob Does I Have A Chance To BE a COunter Tenor too?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Yes, you have a chance, especially if you begin training for that at an early age. We don't yet know what time will do to your body and your voice, but you can have an influence on that by setting a course for your voice and trying to attain your goals from the onset.

You won't get to where you want to be by sitting around. You'll have to take action to set your course in the direction you want to go.
    Mr @highmtn Thank You i Begin my training on the Volume 1 :smile:
    edited November 2016
    @markbuhay12

Good for you, Mark! I wish KTVA had been around when I was your age! Go for it!

Bob
    edited November 2016
    Thank you Very Much Mr @highmtn Godbless You ,anyway my Surname is Buhay not buyhay lol in english buhay means Life Thank You
    Cool! Thanks, Mark!