Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

vocal demo sweet child

howdy it has been a while but i recorded this track to try and sing a bit different because in the old recordings i tried to push the sound out of my body so hard like it sounded it came out of my toes. this time i,m singing from a relaxed state with the result that i also sing with a much lower voice . i would like to know if i,m doing better this way and how a listener experiences this

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Hi, @metalhead666!
    You're singing the song an octave lower, so instead of the main note being G#4, you're hovering at G#3. You sound OK at the lower voice, but the energy of the song at that octave is lessened. You could lighten up a bit on the vibrato.

I'd like to hear a demo of you on a standard, basic LAH exercise to see where your voice is residing now, to maybe help you get up into your call voice a little more. That is what would be needed to sing this song where it was written. Stretching your chest voice up to an A4 or Bb4 would make G#4 more accessible to you, so you could belt the song more comfortably.

Your song on soundcloud from about 5 months ago, called KTVA Demo was higher than this demo and you sounded more in your "power band" on that one. You may just need to develop your upper mid chest voice a little more to be able to sing this song in the original octave. If you can find a karaoke track in F# to practice to, and then later move to G, you might be able to work your way up to G# without too much trouble.

All the Best!

Bob
  • metalhead666metalhead666 Pro Posts: 19
    hello highmtn allright thnx for the feedback . here is my lah scale exersise
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    @metalhead666,

You nailed it all the way to C5, and your G#4 was well-within your comfort zone. You should be able to sing that song in the higher octave without straining. You just need to support it well and be in that comfortable place you were in on your scale.

Try singing the song on the LAH all the way through in the higher octave and see if you can keep the tone as relaxed as your scale. Remember to keep pushing down on your diaphragm when you belt those G#4 Lahs.

Bob
    edited November 2016
    thnx i think this will help for sure , that lah version would sound like this
    edited November 2016
    ow well sound
    cloud blocked it for the copyright but thnx i will practice this
    Yes. The song is in your range. Watch Volume 2, part 6, Intro to Consonant Sounds again. Ken talks about getting your KTVA techniques into practical song applications.

Sometimes we practice out workouts, and then go back to our old habits when it's time to sing a song. We need to take the techniques we practice in our lessons and use them when we sing songs.

You can do this. In the original octave.