Home Ken Tamplin's Corner

1 hour webcam with ken.

RustyRusty Enrolled Posts: 10
edited June 2012 in Ken Tamplin's Corner
In my email it said to be prepared to sing up to 2 songs that best represent my voice.So should i pick the crappiest songs i know? because that would represent it pretty well haha. Is having songs prepared just a suggestion? or is it something i will be doing in my Skype lesson. if so any suggestions on songs?

Best Answers

• sspatricksspatrick Enrolled Posts: 1,278
    Answer ✓
    i have a lesson booked tomorrow, and am going to work on a couple of songs that i am looking for direction in.  I think ken prefers to work on songs, but will help out with any questions regarding the program.  Pick something that you are comfortable with, and would like to sing with more ease, or better tone/pitch.
  • voodoovoodoo Pro Posts: 250
    Answer ✓
    As a beginner, the song(s) that you sing will help to give Ken an idea of where you're at vocally.  He will probably then have you to do some scales and will start working with you to correct or better whatever technique(s) that he feels that you need to focus on.   You will be amazed at the progress you make with Ken in one hour but you will want to keep reviewing the lesson (and practicing along with it sometimes) to commit the changes to muscle memory.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    edited June 2012 Answer ✓

It is recommended that you warm up for 30 minutes prior to the lesson.  That way, you'll be ready to get right into vocalizing once the lesson begins.

Take a little time to write out some notes on specific questions you may have for Ken, so you don't forget to ask and then go "Man! I meant to ask him about....!"

You should have a computer skype recording program so you can review the lesson again and again.  Otherwise, you may find yourself going "Now what was that he said I needed to do?"

• KokonuhtKokonuht Member, Enrolled Posts: 658
    Answer ✓
    What everyone else said is pretty true. The reason why Ken said that is because he wants to know where you're at and what you are doing with your voice + your bad habits etc. 

Best advice : If you have questions, write it down on a paper. The moment the question pops up in your head, write it down and ask him during the webcam lesson ;) !

Remember that you're not trying to please Ken but rather show him what you have. So be natural!

Answers