Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

It's A Beautiful Day (Michael Buble) Cover

Dear KTVA and Bob,

Recently I tried covering It's A Beautiful Day by Michael Buble:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zFYQv44jtM

I tried to add a lot more chest resonance in my mix and support a lot to get that solid sound above my passaggio (the highest note I am singing here is a G#4, which is above my usual break that is F#4). I even tried to add breathier textures on my lower notes to have more variety in my sound. Hope you all enjoy it and your comments are absolutely appreciated!

Regards,
Tim

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    Nice job, Tim. You look like you're having a good time when you sing.
  • Options
    timliu92timliu92 Member Posts: 65
    Thanks Bob! I can actually sing the G#4 quite comfortably now unlike in the past. Ken's words are true though - range does not come overnight, it takes a lot of sweat and practice.

I was wondering if you have any comments on my Heal The World tryouts too. Just something I tried to sing recently lol.
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    You did a good job on Heal the World. Truth be known, I really like the tiny amount of cord closure that Michael kept in his voice on that tune. You're using a little more airy of a sound. Nobody says that you have to copy Michael's sound, but that thin, timbral sound that he used might be something you would want to add to your version... just as a variation to add to your palate of colors.

You do a great rendition of so many songs, Tim, but if you're fishing for some suggestions, that would be one. A little more edge.

:^)