Home Welcome

Hey everyone :) I'm new to singing

MeridirhMeridirh Pro Posts: 1
Hello everyone,

I'm Lukas :). I'm a 27 year old student living in Munich. I've recently discovered Ken Tamplin on YouTube and thought it might be worth to give it a try. I have always loved to sing but never really passed beyond those lonely sessions in my car or at home when nobody was around.
To be completely honest, I am fairly new to music overall. About two years ago I bought a stage piano over night and started out without any prior knowledge about music (I think I don't even knew what the note values/names where). Anyway, that was at the beginning of 2015. Up until 2016 I got so fascinated by this newly gained hobby of mine that I wanted to discover more so I added the guitar and now, later that year also the violin ot my repertoire of instruments. I can't call myself a good player (yet), but I really enjoy what I am doing and that inspires me. I once had an experience playing in front of children who enjoyed what I did that this very experience boosted my confidence and motivation in continuing what I do.
However, as I started writing own (simple) songs I realized that something was missing. I couldn't really sing along to what I had written. So that's when I started searching the web for some online singing classrooms and, yep, I found Ken Tamplin.

Is it somehow possible to get a brief assessment of my own voice and register? I really have literally no clue and would really like to grow with the help of a community, that shares the same passion for music as I do :)

Thanks for reading all this. I hope that I'll have a great time here and maybe also finding some new friends who would like to connect and study this course together.

Merry Christmas to all of you,

Lukas

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Hi, Lukas.

Welcome to KTVA. I suggest you spend about a week or so getting used to some of the basic beginning vocal exercises, and then submit a short video of one scale, the basic LAH scale. Record it and put it on YouTube (best) or soundcloud. We can then give you some pointers to help you keep heading in the right direction. Then you will have a "before" recording that you can later compare to an "after" recording in about a year, or whenever you want to see how far you are coming along.

We don't bite. We'll give you honest evaluations and try to tell you what to focus on that will help you the most. You'll improve, step-by-step and your voice will grow, day-by-day.

You are beginning a journey that will last you the rest of your singing life. Your progress will continue for as long as you work Ken's program.

All the Best!

Bob