Home Welcome

Hi - where is the link / procedure to be evaluated?

beachrosebeachrose Member Posts: 1
Hi,

I'm older, but have a decent amateur voice. (mom was opera singer, dad was a crooner, I sang in school choirs as a kid.) I wanted to get evaluated 1st, to know the technical qualities of my voice before going to the next steps. Where can I do that here? The home page mentioned a process here to do that, but I don't see the link anywhere (?) Thanks :)

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Hi, @beachrose!

If you're here, just look around. We have a category called Vocal Demonstrations, and there you can find a thread called Post Your Demos, and also a post called Demo Area for Newbies.

http://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/discussion/3528/demo-area-for-newbies#latest

Post your audio demo to Soundcloud, or better yet, your video demo to YouTube and paste a link to the URL in a thread. Songs are nice, but scales are even better for a technical evaluation. Ken's LAH scales from YouTube are fine. Post what you like, and we'll see what we can say about it.

All the Best!

Bob
  • JonnyquickJonnyquick Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 202
    What's a good camera?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Just about any webcam camera will work. I have a logitech. It has a built-in mic.
  • EldiabloramonEldiabloramon Member Posts: 21
    is it ok to post demo videos, if we have not yet purchased the full course yet? or is that only restricted to paying students of the course?
    @Eldiabloramon

Anyone can post on the newbies section.

We're able to give the most help when someone submits a basic LAH scale like the ones Ken demonstrates in many of his YouTube videos. A scale is kept to just a few moving parts, and it's much easier to observe several basic, important elements of the voice.

If you post a song, there are likely to be so many moving parts that there could literally be dozens of things needing work, all in a very short span of time. It's best to start with the basics and move forward, for actual feedback for improvement.

For just showcasing where you are now with your voice, songs are fine, and it would be nice to hear from you.
  • EldiabloramonEldiabloramon Member Posts: 21
    oh ok cool. i will see if i can do a LAH video tomorrow, and post it. i have 3 singing videos i did earlier today. i will post those first then. thanks :-)