Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Lah Exercise

Hey Guys,
Just wanted to ask you for your opinion on whether I'm doing the "Lah" exercise correctly. I appreciate the help. Thank you!

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Hi, Stan!

This is right on the money. If I would change anything, I would make it a little brighter, but your demo is already brighter than what most students submit. This is a good example of a lah scale. On pitch. Well-supported. Reasonably bright. Not fudging or taking a short-cut on any of the high notes.

Well done!

Bob
  • stanstan Pro Posts: 91
    Thank you, Bob!
    So, if I understand correctly, you just have to smile into the sound as you do this and make it almost "nasally" so it sounds as bright as it can?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Think of the feelings you get and the ringing/buzzing sensations you get when when doing the tongue exercise. That's the feeling and sound of mask. Bring that to the front of the face as you sing. You'll notice it peaks with N's, M's, and Ng's, but you can feel and hear it on EE, AA, to a lesser degree.
  • stanstan Pro Posts: 91
    Got it! Thanks.