Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Need your help

Hello guys. I need your help! My vocal range is F2-A4 in chest voice. My loud and strong head voice starts from D#5. From A4 to D#5 i can't sing loudly. If i push higher on chest voice it's break. If I tried in head voice it's soft and quiet, like falsetto. What i should do, to nicely connect this two registers? Thank you in advance and sorry for my english.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    You have to build your passaggio area, to strengthen it. It's not fast and it's not easy, but it doesn't work well to have a strong chest voice, and a strong upper head voice, but a weak middle. So you have to build the middle, and until it is grown, you don't sing in your chest or upper head any louder than you can sing through your midvoice and passaggio. Keep the entire voice at the same level, and build the weaker part.
  • yourbrother2017yourbrother2017 Member Posts: 4
    hmm... if i will keep entire voice at the same level, it will be something like quite falsetto singing. is it normal?
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Build chest and do the mixing exercises. Nothing comes with ease, it takes time and effort. There is no shortcut. The most important thing is to monitor yourself for any things you might be doing wrong, or things you have to improve. Listen to Ken, ask advice on the forums. If you are still not sure, you can upload a sound fragment or video of yourself doing some of the exercises.

The bridging exercises have to be done at a low volume, keeping your throat open all the way through the bridge into head voice.

Good luck!
    lol, i go to the mix from D#4 to A4 and can't go higher. I think it was chest, but now i guess it was mix. is it possible?
    i'm baritone btw
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Yes, it's possible that you're in a mix. KTVA teaches you to increase the range of your chest voice, which will eventually contribute to a much more robust mix than other methods which teach early bridging.

In any case, your voice will be lopsided if you have a region in the middle that is soft and weak, with stronger sections below and/or above. So the cure is to build the weak portions up to the strength of the stronger areas, and until that is done, you need to bring the strong portions down to the level of the weaker area, or there will be obvious shifts.

This doesn't happen overnight, and if you don't train for it properly, you won't be able to get there.

Think of it as a weak link in a chain. The chain is only as strong as the weakest link. You need a stronger link if you want a strong chain.