Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Which of these Lah is right?

WalterMeloWalterMelo Member, 2.0 PRO, STREAMING PRO Posts: 77
Hello :) i'm still very confused about how to make a healthy and brigth "Lah" ... i guess just speaking "Ping is king, It's the lah AH!" not working for me
i have recorded me making "LAH" in 3 different ways ... the first is with my naturally speaking voice the second i tried to force a bit more "brigthness" (and i cannot know how to distinguish the difference when i'm sing brigth or throaty) and the third i pushed even more

the only sound that was confortable to sing was the first ... the second was hard and kinda "unnatural" to me .. the third was just a pain to do

what i'm doing wrong? why is so hard to get brigth without forcing?

Comments

• JonasFinnLarssonJonasFinnLarsson Pro Posts: 200
    The first one is not that bright, you wont grow your sound as much with that when training. The second one sounds good!

When training it is about overtraining or overexaggerated the sound so it will be more present when you go to sing normaly. It is like bringing everything you want to get out of your voice and crank it up to the max, then later it will be easier to find when singing normally. This is how you train playing classical guitar aswell. You overexaggerate the things you want to bring out because what most people are when playing/singing is being too lazy. Like your not really singing at your full potential, you haven't really discovered what your voice can do. What you want to be is present with your voice so you bring out the little things that make a great voice. We can make our singing voice great if we are really present and paying attention to the little things! Be a bold and wild singer.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
  • WalterMeloWalterMelo Member, 2.0 PRO, STREAMING PRO Posts: 77
    Thank you very much :smiley: this answer helped me a lot!!!