Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Voice Rest

I did Volume 1 about 5-6x a week for a month and a half then i felt confident to move on to Volume 2.
Now i have a question, since V2 is intermediate training can i do this everyday and will i require rest in between days to recover from the voice muscle soreness? (My singing voice feels bit off atm since i have been doing exercise literally everyday)

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    You may be singing with a little too much force or effort. When you move up to a higher degree of difficulty, such as moving from volume 1 up to volume 2, there will be a while that you have to adapt to the increased difficulty of the new exercises. It is supposed to be harder. And it will be even harder in volume 3.

Most people spend at least 3 months on Volume 1, so they are a little more prepared than you for that next step. So don't be surprised that you are feeling a bit more difficulty when you move up to a higher level.

One way to deal with that would be to do half volume 1 exercises and half volume 2 exercises for a while, to soften the increase in difficulty.

You shouldn't have to take rest between each day. You should lay off one or two days per week, just because it's good for you. Then you should be back at it, but you could ease off on the difficulty for a few weeks by splitting the difference between volumes 1 and 2 exercises.

If you move ahead faster than most people do on the program, you should expect to find yourself being challenged as you step up to more difficult vocal work.
  • JusticeGemJusticeGem Pro Posts: 92
    Okay I see
    I will take your advice
    The reason i moved onto volume 2 quickly was because i found volume 1 easy eventually and I also have some singing experience from the past.

And what do you mean by "lay off" one or two days per week?
  • MatsyMatsy Pro Posts: 168
    lay off - means to take a break, to take it easy
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Ken recommends that you work your voice five or six days per week and take one or two days of vocal rest per week, rather than work the singing voice seven days a week. It's not mandatory rest, but it's recommended.