Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

confused about bridging and execution, when doing exercises in KTVA part I

Hi there!

I am a little confused on how exactly to execute the exercises in KTVA part I for maximum results.

When doing the exercises. Ken plays up to a B4 on most of the exercises. Am I supposed to sing every scale in a FULL, FULL chest voice or am I supposed to begin the bridging by the end of the exercises when the notes get high? I'm really struggling with hitting an A#4, B4, and C5 in a FULL (no mix) chest voice, although I have done it before, it is extremely difficult and usually sounds strained. I know Ken says several times to sing the exercises lightly, which for me is impossible to sing those higher notes in a full chest voice lightly. So, does Ken mean I should be mixing/ bridging by the end of the exercise? I know Ken also says several times to wait as long as possible before handing off the Chest voice, or am I supposed to do these exercises until I can more or less sing up to that B4 in a full absolutely no mixed chest voice, if that can even happen in my range?? I am a Baritone.
I'm super confused but nonetheless learning so much from KTVA. Any help or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :)

Comments

• uwitdatuwitdat Enrolled Posts: 5
    I should also say that my A4's are not so easy as well. There are days where they come out smooth and other not so much. I should also say I started my vocal journey a little less than 6 months ago, and when I first started I couldn't even sing a middle C without breaking into a falsetto. With a lot of hard work and practice I can now sing on some days easily up to that A'4 in a full chest voice with no fix, but I am wondering how much longer I should be pushing that chest voice before I begin to mix it. Thanks again!
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    We need to be having this conversation in the student area of the forums.

Please follow the link below and do what it says.

Getting detailed help on how to do the KTVA program happens in the student areas.

http://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/discussion/6859/how-to-get-access-to-student-areas-of-the-forums#latest

Thanks

Bob