Home About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy

KTVA for non-professional goals / Karaoke?

jevgenijevgeni Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 3
Hi, I am willing to improve my singing skills with KTVA. I'm not planning to earn for living by singing, but rather look on it as a hobby, i.e. singing in a local karaoke. Nicely, of course :smile:

Would KTVA help me on this goal? Would you recommend me getting a Gold package as well with live coaching? Would it not be an overkill?

Comments

• MatsyMatsy Pro Posts: 168
    edited April 2017
    Hmm, I purchased the course because I just wanted to improve my singing, with no real thought that I would be using it professionally. Even though you just want it as a hobby I have a feeling you still want to be the best you can be. If you have seen videos of Ken or his students singing you can't help but want a piece of that!

You don't know what the future holds, even for something that starts as a hobby.

You can always purchase one of the bundles and then later if you think you really want it, still get online sessions with Ken. I purchased the pro version because the slight additional cost compared to the information that is in it seemed like a bargain, so as long as you are willing to pay for it, I would see it as a good investment. There is so much in the courses that will improve your singing. Even just in the first course!

It's great to sing well, but it would be freaking awesome to turn heads in karaoke! Go for it.
  • KaiEllisKaiEllis Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 215
    Totally just depends on how good you want to get! The basic principles will be there in even the Weekend Warrior course, and I imagine it's a gift that would keep on giving, but I have to imagine that at some point you'll plateau and WISH you had the resources to get even better!!