Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Opinions on my voice type/Nationally Touring Led Zeppelin Tribute

Check some of these clips from my new nationally touring Led Zeppelin tribute:

Pretty sure I'm a spinto or leggero tenor just want to get an opinion, no vocal training whatsoever

My range is G2-Bflat 5 in full voice, up to F6 in falsetto, always had a very solid albeit bright sounding lower range

picosong.com/MKqm
picosong.com/MKqJ
picosong.com/MKqh
picosong.com/MKqD
picosong.com/MKqi
picosong.com/MKke
picosong.com/MKkX

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    edited May 2017
    These links are incomplete and clicking on them doesn't take you to the files.

All the Best!

Bob

By the way, please don't post the same demo or question multiple times in the forums. This creates a mess, with some people commenting here, others there, duplicate answers, multiple threads.

Duplicate copies of posts will be deleted.
  • cjcsurrowcjcsurrow Member Posts: 8
    You have to copy and paste them. Hyperlinks not working. Just trying to get an opinion on my vocal type
  • streeterstreeter Pro Posts: 679

You're a tenor with not much bottom end.... in the end, doesn't matter. sounds good... but if you want to get inspired watch the guy below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlOZ5uZ62j4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si3GxU9KGc0

He definitely captures Robert's crazy chesty but high flying LZ1 voice that hasn't been heard since. I've been told that I have bits of Plant in my voice, as well as Sebastian Bach (Skid Row), Mike Reno (Loverboy), Geddy Lee (Rush), Michael Sweet (Stryper) and CJ Snare (Firehouse)
    He definitely captures Robert's crazy chesty but high flying LZ1 voice that hasn't been heard since. I've been told that I have bits of Plant in my voice, as well as Sebastian Bach (Skid Row), Mike Reno (Loverboy), Geddy Lee (Rush), Michael Sweet (Stryper) and CJ Snare (Firehouse)
  • streeterstreeter Pro Posts: 679
    He's amazing man. check him out. Joe Retta. Everything from Dio to Stevie Wonder... Live and he's so damn consistent. just nails everything he does. He sings in 'The Sweet' and 'Heaven and Earth'. He's a very gifted guy by all accounts. multi-instrumentalist, perfect pitch to the nth degree. Just a monster.