Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hi I'm Eric. I'm glad I found this program and am looking forward to improving my voice

Hi all, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Eric from San Jose California. I'm a guitarist that is interested in singing as well during our sets.

On a scale of 1-10 my voice is a 3 at best, but in just practicing some of KT's vocal exorcises on YouTube I've already found a slight improvement. So here I am. Course is paid for and joined and my first 'true' vocal practices and warm ups begin this evening.

I look forward to meet you all on this forum.

Comments

• MatsyMatsy Pro Posts: 168
    Hi Eric. I noticed improvements straight away as well! I can't wait to hear that your 3 has become at least an 8! :smiley:
  • Ride2liveRide2live Pro Posts: 3
    Ha! Thanks, Matsy! I'm just hoping to achieve a 5 some day. An 8 on the scale would be a dream come true!

How long have you been doing the course?
  • MatsyMatsy Pro Posts: 168
    I am starting my 4th week, and I am surprised at the amount of improvement. Of course there will also be times where it feels like no improvement, but still, so far I am pretty happy!
  • Claude77Claude77 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 213
    Two months in the course. I am amazed, but I am putting a lot of effort on it.
    That is the secret sauce. Buying the course is not going to be enough :)
  • Ride2liveRide2live Pro Posts: 3
    Thanks for the advice, Claude77, and the encouragement, Matsy.
    Yes, effort IS the secret sauce to this. I'm just over 2 weeks in and I noticed a slight improvement in my range and tone. I do the warm ups for a 1/2 hour following the vocal exorcises every evening, and then I sing familiar songs for a 1/2 hour or so after. I am pretty stoked so far. I'm not pushing it yet though. Got a LONG way to go. But this is fun.
  • RegieRegie Member Posts: 11
    I think I can relate with you Ride2live
    Hahaha
    That mark 3 we're not far from each other
    Going to pay this evening though
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Be sure to do your exercises and warmup close to each other in time. Don't wait much longer than half an hour after your warmups to do your exercises. You want to train your muscles efficiently!

Be patient with the course, and with yourself. If things go really wrong, come ask us here and/or send us a voice-clip if you think you need that for evaluation.

Good singing to you and welcome to the forum.

Ben