Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Another song test

Claude77Claude77 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 213
Here I am with another songs I recorded today to check how I am doing.
Listening back (always really hard) I am afraid I am too nasal, I would like to hear some objectives critics to help me growing.
Thanks in advance of those who will spend some times on it.
C.

Comments

• KaiEllisKaiEllis Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 215
    edited May 2017
    @Claude77 Bro great song choice! Love Radiohead and this song in particular.

Most important I think is that your delivery here is BELIEVABLE. You know what I mean? Yes, there's a little too much nasality and some pitch issues and I'd love to hear more girth and resonance, but those will all come in time. What impressed me the most was that you approached the song like a real singer would, with sincerity in your voice. Big ups, bro.
  • Claude77Claude77 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 213
    Hey @KaiEllis thank you so much.
    That's the best feedback I could hope to receive.
    I really appreciate what you wrote.
    I will be working on the problems I found on my singing, nasality comes most from my attempt to be bright. I am really trying to get the bright ping tone and I am still exploring it.
    Once again thanks for the comment gives me a lot of will to work as hard as I can.
    C.
  • KaiEllisKaiEllis Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 215
    @Claude77 I TOTALLY know what you're talking about with trying to get a bright tone and going nasal instead. I have trouble with that sometimes too. Have you tried plugging your nose while you sing? It'll tell you IMMEDIATELY if you're singing too nasal. Then you can just move the placement of the sound backwards bit by bit in the face until you reach the sweet spot.