Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Pitch/Tone

Can anyone help me with my singing? Whenever I try to sing my pitch or tone sounds broken any help? Thanks

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    You can submit a demo and perhaps we can identify some issues. A Scale on LAH like Ken has in his YouTube videos would be best.
  • LOST_DOGE101LOST_DOGE101 Member Posts: 8
    How do I do that?
    Must I do the LAH and record and then send it to you?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Yes. Record the Lah scale. Upload it to YouTube as "Unlisted" or post it on Soundcloud. Then copy the url and paste it into a posting here. We'll listen and see what's up. Maybe we can help.
    Ok but can you send me a link of Ken's LAH's because there are different variations of LAH'S in Ken's videos
    Or can I just pick any?
    You figured out how to do it. Good for you. Now, can you also have the scale playing in the background, where we can hear it?

Here's something you're doing right: you are landing on each note in the scale. Good for you. Your Lah is good, but would be better if you can make it sound brighter.

The reason I want you to put the sound of the scale in, is so both you and I can hear the notes of the scale, and whether you are singing the right notes as they play. You're singing the same scale over and over. Usually the scales will go up a step each time they repeat. But we want to sing the same notes as Ken.

So good first try. You have potential. Don't stop now. Add the scale in the background and keep your voice up front like it is now.
    edited June 2017
    Okay so do u want me to sing along with the LAH or dk the LAH after the scale?
    Ill do it tomorrow in my time
    Also i think my voice might be better by a little if i had not have a mini sore throat was better than before because i couldnt breathe properly
    Sing along with the scale on the playback. Match the notes as they change.
    I have a question, what does the LAH's help me with or do?
    AH is the most open vowel. We sing on vowels. When you train on AH, or LAH, you are training your voice to sing with the most Open Throat that you can. Open Throat is the most healthy way to sing. So we start getting the LAH to sound right. It has to be as open in the back of the throat (Like the beginning of a Yawn) as we can comfortably make it. That's how you work on getting your sound to be open and bright. So do scales on the AH vowel and you'll be practicing Open Throat singing. Really open that throat up, and start as low as you can and progress up as high as you can.

When you get the AH right, then you can move on to the other vowels. If the AH isn't right, then nothing will be right.