Home Welcome

Welcome To The KTVA Singer Forum!

NigelNigel Administrator Posts: 138
Welcome To The KTVA Singers Forum!

We're excited that you joined this awesome community of vocalists and we want you to feel right at home!  

If you are enrolled in the 'How To Sing - Better Than Anyone Else' singing course, and you bought the entire course, your forum status should be 'Pro' - if you purchased Volume 1 only, your status should be 'Volume 1'

If you are not (yet) enrolled, your forum status should be 'Member'

Each forum status has it's own unique set of accesses.

If your forum status is not correct, please email us at KTVAhelp@gmail.com with 'Forum Status' in the subject line.  MAKE SURE to include your receipt.

Thanks, and we look forward to hearing you sing better than you ever thought possible!

Comments

• claudia.rclaudia.r Pro Posts: 6
    Hi Nigel,
    I bought the entire course, but I'm not sure where to find my forum status (it should be "pro" is my understanding). I may be blind...? but I just don't see either Pro or Volume 1.
    Also, when going to edit my profile - the current username can't be resaved when I try to enter something in the other boxes - is it suggested to change the username/ID (it won't resave it cause there's a period in my current userID).
    Thanks and looking forward on starting the course!!
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    edited June 2014

Hi, @claudia.r , and welcome to the KTVA forums!

Your forums status is listed as Pro (you can see it above next to your icon.)

claudia.rclaudia.r Posts: 1Pro

I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to modify your user profile and keep your current username.
    Perhaps if the system makes you change your username, you can do that and then change it back...

...or not! 

If it gets messed up, inbox me, and we can see about getting it straightened out.  You can access your inbox by clicking on the envelope icon at the upper right-hand corner of the page, in the black bar.  If you go there, you should see "new message".  You can type in any member's username and send them an email here on the forums.

Anyway, I just want to welcome you and say hello.

You're about to start a great journey of growing your voice!

We're glad you're here!

Bob

• claudia.rclaudia.r Pro Posts: 6
    Oh ok, thanks so much, Bob!
    It's strange - it says I can't modify whatever i changed cause my username contains a period (claudia.r) - so I guess I will need to change that if I wanna make any other changes... will let you know if there's a problem - thank you!
    Yes, I look forward to the course... still finishing up another one and don't wanna do 2 at the same time, but I believe this one will help me a lot (I've already watched a few videos out of curiosity, but will start seriously very soon) :D

Claudia
  • summersummer Pro Posts: 14
    This is my first day posting on the forum.  I had some troubles getting started, so I wrote to Lynette and she sorted it out for me.  I should be Pro status.  Let's see if I am ...the Pro word should appear next to my user name after I press 'post comment'...
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Yes, @summer,

You're listed as PRO.  Now you should be ready to start rockin'.

Bob

edited March 2015
    Thanks, Bob! I'm up and running! However, I can't seem to figure out how to upload my profile picture :-p  I found Ken's Pro video exercises and I'm working on those.  Didn't realize they were there until now...
    @summer,

If you hover your mouse cursor above your name (like in the post above that you wrote) and click on it, that will take you to your profile. There you will see a larger version of your avatar (the picture that represents your username). Hover the mouse cursor over that avatar and "change picture" will appear there. Click on that and you should be able to navigate to your own computer files and upload a photo.

Make sure you do all of the Basics, including Volume One before you go on to the advanced video lessons. There are some good basic videos there, as well, so those are good to watch early-on.

Glad to have you on board.

Looking forward to your progress.

Bob
    Yes!  Got it!  Thanks, Bob!  Although I'm only just now posting and becoming actively involved here, I have been here quietly reading the comments and information for the past year and a bit.  :-)  I had my second skype lesson with Ken a few days ago and he suggested I go follow those advanced videos.  :-)   I have a video to share with you all here on the forum.  Do I just go and mosey over to the KTVA Student Videos section and tell my story with the link to the video or should I give it to you first?   Thanks for your help  :-)

Hi, @summer.

Well, it's good to know you now, even though you've been here, quietly learning for some time.  There are probably a lot more doing the same.

If Ken said it was time to move on to the advanced lessons, I think he should know.  I just thought you were new to the program because we had not heard from you over a period of time.

You can post your video.  Looking forward to hearing and seeing it.

Nice to have you jump in and join in the fun!

Bob

Hi Bob-  I went over to the section for KTVA Student Videos but I don't see the box to place the comment.  :-p

Hi, @summer,

If you just go to the top of this page, or any page, and click on "New Discussion" you will open a dialog box and the first drop-down menu lets you select Category, which you would select Videos of Ken Tamplin Students and the next drop-down menu lets you write in a title.  Below that you can write text and put a link to your video.

Just as a "heads-up" for some reason, this forum often does not publish a link unless you put it in 2 times.  I'm no webmaster, so I don't know if that's just a browser thing or what, but if your link does not show up in your post, just go back in and edit your post, pasting in your link on two lines instead of once.   Paste it in, hit "enter" and then paste it in again on the next line.  One instance of your link should "take".

That may just be an Internet Explorer glitch, or a Vanilla Forums thing.  We just work around that when it happens.

Bob

• daftpunkdaftpunk Member Posts: 2
    hi...how guys did u make the cure tongue thing of first dvd?
    Thanks, Bob!  I'll give that a try.
  • rcrosierrcrosier Pro Posts: 275
    edited April 2015

A sure-fire way to post a link is to paste the link in, like this:
    http : //anyoldlink.com (but with NO spaces)

Then highlight the entire link, press CTRL-C to copy the link, or right-click and select "copy" from the menu.

Then click on the "Insert Hyperlink" icon at the top of this editing window (4th icon from right), and paste the copied text into the box (CTRL-V or right-click and paste).

That will turn your text into a link, like this:

Maybe this will help some other people, too.
    (Interestingly, I can't remove the hyperlink from my first link example w/o inserting spaces... the site turns it into one automatically sometimes.)
    Thanks @rcrosier!  This was helpful.  I've got everything ready to post, but, Bob, for some reason, it says I don't have permission to post  :-p

Not sure what went wrong. I'm logged in so what should I do?
    Bob--I noticed that all  of the posts in that section were put there by either you or Tina....so  I'm assuming that people who aren't administrators or moderators can't post there.  So should I just post it here so you can copy/paste it there?  Thanks !

Yes, I see that now, too, @summer.

If you will post it here, I'll put it there, too.

Thanks.

Bob

Ok-- Thanks @highmtn Bob!  I see that it won't let me make my original post because it says it contains way too many characters, so I'll try splitting it up....First here is a short background....Well, it still doesn't work (good thing I first wrote this whole thing in Word  :-p ) There is certainly a glitch in the system....@highmtn The only thing I can think of doing is to send it to your personal email account.

Yes, just about anything that is in WORD inflates to too many characters.  All of the formatting counts as characters.

If you convert it to "text" in Notepad, it may become small enough to fit, but the paragraphs all get shoved together, so that's not a perfect solution, either.

Bob

edited April 2015
    Vocal Evolution
    Hello Everybody-
    I noticed quite a few of you asking the question "How did Gariela Guncikova sound before she started Ken's program".  I can't answer that, but I can answer that question in reference to myself.  I was never an aspiring singer, but I started singing because my boyfriend wanted to start his own music project and needed a singer. Like Gariela, I, too, prefer to sing Hard Rock.  I started singing in the summer of 2011.  I had 30 hours of vocal lessons from a local musical theater performer from Sept. to Dec. 2011.  I found, purchased (all 3 volumes) and started Ken's program in January 2014.  Below are links to my HD videos (starting with the most recent to the oldest) that demonstrate my vocal evolution.  All songs are original compositions.  If anybody has any questions, please do feel free to ask  :-)

Karma Comes Calling video (1 year and 2 months after starting Ken’s program plus 1 web lesson with Ken): watch here

In Solidarity video  (3 ½ months after starting Ken’s program): watch here

(New vocal version of) Insignificant Other video  (1 month after starting Ken’s program—ps.  I changed the vocal melody): watch here

(Original vocals) Insignificant Other video (before I started Ken’s program): watch here

Thanks @highmtn Bob!  Well, that didn't work either  (lol  :-p )  so I just typed it by hand and got some in house help for the links :-)
  • rcrosierrcrosier Pro Posts: 275
    @summer:  I can definitely hear change in your vocals from the older one to the last one.  Really cool!
    @rcrosier I hear it too.  Thanks for listening!  :-)
  • Rick_PeshalleRick_Peshalle Pro Posts: 7
    Hello Everyone. I'm Rick. I am so happy to be a part of this new and exciting experience! I look forward to learning so much.
  • espritduespritdu Pro Posts: 6
    Really happy to be here! It s gonna be a great journey!Nice to meet you all!
    Welcome, @espritdu!

We are glad to have you join us on your journey! There is much to learn, and we will enjoy helping you!

Bob
  • espritduespritdu Pro Posts: 6
    Thank you highmtn! It s a great journey!
  • JorgeVgaJorgeVga Pro Posts: 2
    edited November 2015
    Finally I'm here I've been making some money to do this. I'm very excited. Nice to Meet you @Nigel and @highmtn.
    Glad to see you're here, now!
    Welcome, JorgeVga!

Bob
  • JuliatoJuliato Pro Posts: 2
    checking out If I'm listed as "Pro"
    Yep. You're listed as "Pro" status! Now you can see all of the student areas of the KTVA forums!
  • sweetpetesweetpete Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 5
    Howdy folks, greetings from Ireland. So I finally bought the HTS + pro pack lessons. Now to get started.
    Welcome, @sweetpete !

You are going to like the way your voice begins to grow!

Bob
  • BobHBobH Pro Posts: 1
    Hi from London.... just singing pubs.... looking forward to learning!
    Hello, @BobH

Welcome to KTVA. Your voice is going to grow... You'll like it!

Bob
  • RazzTheSpazRazzTheSpaz Pro Posts: 5
    edited March 2016
    Hola from Tucson, Arizona. I realized my other comment probably should have been in the introduction forum, so I'm moving it there. I'm super excited to be here. :D
  • PALMHEADPALMHEAD Pro, STREAMING PRO Posts: 11
    Hello from the Netherlands! I'm getting on the train to be a singer and right now I'm really a newbie that can harldy sing in tune. Hopes this program and the support of all of will help achieve this goal of mine.
    Howdy, Razz.

We're excited to hear from you!

Welcome!

Bob
    @PALMHEAD,

Welcome to you. Looking forward to you getting your voice on the on the right track... ! You will learn a lot!

All the Best!

Bob
  • SenpaitalesSenpaitales Pro Posts: 6
    Hello Hello Nice to meet everyone.
    Hello, Hello, @jerryh!

Nice of you to introduce yourself!

Bob
  • markbmarkb Pro Posts: 76
    Hello everyone ...... To the Educator am i listed as pro?
    @markb,

Yes, you have PRO forums status.

Welcome!

Bob
  • yafalyafal Pro Posts: 17
    Hi! I recently tried to unsuscribe from receiving mails from the forum. Hit the button and, voilà the machine said I was unsuscribed from the forum itself. I want to stay in, but receive no mails. Is it possible? Nevertheless I logged in with no problems using my old name and password, so I guess maybe Im wrong. Am I still a pro member? Thanks and take care!
    Yes, you are still here and still a PRO member! And you probably did successfully unsubscribe from the email notifications, as well.
  • eduardooliveiraeduardooliveira Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 17
    Nigel said:

Welcome To The KTVA Singers Forum!

We're excited that you joined this awesome community of vocalists and we want you to feel right at home!  

If you are enrolled in the 'How To Sing - Better Than Anyone Else' singing course, and you bought the entire course, your forum status should be 'Pro' - if you purchased Volume 1 only, your status should be 'Volume 1'

If you are not (yet) enrolled, your forum status should be 'Member'

Each forum status has it's own unique set of accesses.

If your forum status is not correct, please email us at KTVAhelp@gmail.com with 'Forum Status' in the subject line.  MAKE SURE to include your receipt.

Thanks, and we look forward to hearing you sing better than you ever thought possible!
    Hello! I'm new here. I bought the entire course 3 days ago.. How can I certificate if my user is a Pro? Thanks
    Oh! Excuse me! I've noticed that I am a Pro user. But now, how can I find my official moderator?
    Thanks
    Just post. You'll be found. :-) When someone answers, if they have Moderator or Administrator by their name, they're a moderator or an administrator. There are lots of knowledgeable students here, as well.
    Very good!. Thanks!
  • 4jBorruel4jBorruel 2.0 PRO Posts: 422
    i truly appreciate eveyone feedback and guidance for my improvement and becoming a good singer in a future.
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    I think the Pro level criteria has changed?
    I have all three levels (which used to be the Pro level)
    Now Pro level is like an extension pack after the 3 level package?
    I think I have this right? :-)
    When the pro packs first came out, Ken shared it with those who had already bought the initial 3 volumes.
    edited July 2017
    The vocal demos need to be posted in the demos posting area, please.

We also need to be able to hear the playback of the music or exercise you are singing along to.

Please post your demos in the volume one area if you are a student, and if you are a visitor, put them in the Demos area for Newbies. Find the students area here: http://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/discussion/7732/new-student-demos#latest
    Find the general public area here: http://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/categories/newbies-demo-area

This "Welcome" area is just a place to say hello, not to start analyzing details of each singer.

You are welcome here, but we want to have things at least a little more organized, so it doesn't get too chaotic.

:-)

Thanks.

Bob
  • 4jBorruel4jBorruel 2.0 PRO Posts: 422
    please accept my apology for making mistakes uploading videos
    No problem, @FFBS. I see that you have posted in the Volume 1 area. Thanks. You have feedback there.
  • johat861johat861 Pro Posts: 6
    Hey all, I'm Joha. I just got the Pro course, and have been doing part 1 for about a week, and I can already feel that my voice is getting stronger. I've never taken singing lessens before, I've always just sang on my own, so it's nice to have this systematic approach, and I'm excited to see(and hear), where this takes me! :)
  • herzherz Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 5
    Hello everybody, I am František. I'm from Czech Republic and we don't have as good teacher of singing as Ken is. So I hope, I'll learn as much as I can. See ya! :smile:
    Hi, herz! Glad to meet you!

Bob
  • Marc11Marc11 Member Posts: 3
    Hi I'm marc from trinidad just started to try and sing 5 days now will do my best
  • Marc11Marc11 Member Posts: 3
    Hi nice to be here
  • TrevorGodinTrevorGodin 2.0 PRO Posts: 10
    Hello my name is Trevor and I’m excited to be a part of this community! Looking forward to sing and have fun!
    Welcome, Trevor!

Bob
  • MadhuriMadhuri Member Posts: 2
    Hi.. i am madhuri... I am new to this forum... And at initial stage at singing... Can any body help to improve my singing... N to guide me...
  • HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    Hi Madhuri welcome to the forums.
  • djonefmdjonefm 2.0 PRO Posts: 3
    Glad to be here. I have purchased the whole program, and have sent an email requesting student access.
  • RayH1RayH1 2.0 PRO Posts: 29
    Hello I'm Ray from Florida. I am currently on Volume 2 and I joined the forums last week.
    I'm looking for advice on how to catch up.
  • tracyshanklandtracyshankland 2.0 PRO Posts: 13
    Hi! I'm finding the forums very confusing! I want to ask a question about volume 1 but don't know where to put it!
  • ElaraElara Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 327
    edited January 2021
    Hi @tracyshankland!

Welcome to the forums! :) If you take a look at the sidebar column to the right of the screen, you should see the names of all the rooms that make up this forum. You have your student access to the course sections, so any question about the course should be posted in the relevant room in the Volume 1 section.

Don't worry about posting in the wrong room. We can always move a discussion for you if it would get more views in another room. :)

Edited to add: If you aren't already, it can be helpful to click on the word "Discussions" at the top of the screen, and have that as your default forum view. Whenever you come back to the forums, the latest updated discussions will appear at the top of the screen.
  • tracyshanklandtracyshankland 2.0 PRO Posts: 13
    @Elara
    Hi Elara. Thank you! Do I post videos in the same way?
    @tracyshankland Yes. :) Check the sidebar and post where you think is most appropriate. You can look in the FAQ section for information on how to post videos here.
  • LindaKMDLindaKMD 2.0 PRO Posts: 1
    HI, I'm Linda. I'm in Florida and play and do backup vocals in a Zeppelin tribute as well as a Pink Floyd tribute. My dream is to do "Great Gig In The Sky" so we don't have to hire another singer for it. I'm new to the forum, purchased the Gold program and am just getting started with it. Although I have a very long way to go, just getting started has made a difference in my singing. My problem is in performance, I never do as well as in practice. Although I get a little nervous, I can usually get to a good place but still just don't have the confidence or muscle memory to perform as well as when I'm practicing. Looking forward to being part of this amazing group of singers.
    Welcome, @LindaKMD !

The muscle memory comes with time and correct repetitions. The confidence comes after replacing random self-taught or poorly-taught vocal technique with reliable and effective technique.

You have come to the right place.

Bob
  • LeonieGoosensenLeonieGoosensen 2.0 PRO Posts: 18
    Hello singers! I'm Leonie and I'm from the Netherlands. I bought the course this week and have sent an email requesting student access. I'm looking forward to meeting other students and develop my voice!
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
  • Wouter595Wouter595 2.0 PRO Posts: 53
    Hello all, just bought the course and wanted to say hi and check my forumstatus!
    Welcome to the course and to the forums, @Wouter595! :smiley:
  • gezgez 2.0 PRO Posts: 13
    Hi I'm Gez from Aus and I suffer from the same addiction to singing, and learning ,it seems... as everyone else
    that has posted stuff here. I want to benefit from the Ken Way..and anybody else's help. So thanks in advance.
    also checking my forum status..
  • codeowlcodeowl 2.0 PRO Posts: 305
    @gez,

Hey mate, welcome to the forums. There is lots to learn here and some great people to talk to as well :smile:

Regards,

Scotty
  • Hi everyone.Well I'm Williams from Ghana,I'm very excited and privileged to be apart in this community. I'm looking forward to my voice. By y'all support. Thank you
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hey Willie, @Willie_West_King2100,

good to have you with us. I have some really nice friends in Ghana - great musicians. Akin form Ghana is the bass player on all all of my releases.

Doc
  • I wish I had the course but things hasn't be easy. I've discussed this issue with my mom well she's divorced, she said "can't afford " and haven't hear from my Dad since he left. But it has hindered my passion for singing ever since I turned 17. Please I need help and guide. To able to grow my voice.Have a blissful day y'all.
  • codeowlcodeowl 2.0 PRO Posts: 305
    @Willie_West_King2100,

Welcome to the forum mate. @Klaus_T has put together a number of Ken's free videos on his profile page that are a good starting point for growing your voice:
    https://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/profile/Klaus_T

Regards,

Scotty
  • NathJ_2018NathJ_2018 2.0 PRO Posts: 241
    Getting back on the saddle....

Hey there my name is Nathalie, from Canada, been sitting idle for a few years, we sold the house, built a new one.... super glad for that, cause now we have a sound proof music room, which still needs a bit of hooking up/wiring everything, but stoked to start again, I see some familiar names, especially @doc_ramadani :)

Just glad to be back :)
    cant wait to meet everyone...