Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Introduction

Hey folks,

I've been practicing with Ken's course for a bit now, but are just now getting to the forum.. Can anyone explain to me what is and how I could practice belting? Ken just mentioned that air is more easily compressed in the belting register, so I wanted to learn it, as I have difficulty singing some long passages. I think it will also help singing high notes. Thanks!!

Ricardo

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Most of our belting is done in the call register, or the mid register, and at a little bit higher volume than if we were singing in head voice. It's the area many of us are in when we stretch our chest voice. So if you'e in Volume 3, it's going to be those really tough exercises where you're stretching the upper areas of your chest voice.

• bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Keep on stretching that chest voice, do all your exercises. You will want to learn glottal compression for all this, but i don't know at which volume you are currently.

Belting will come with time. All these exercises improve it.

As bob already stated, in VOL3 you will really be put to the test in your belting register. There are some really high exercises you have to do where you want to stay in your chest register as long as possible.