Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

New student from Houston

lucienlucien Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 4
Hello, everyone!

First off, I would like to say this is an awesome community. We all have a passion in common and would love to participate in each others' journeys to achieve our goals! I'm a university student who's been stuck in the books all my life and never in a million years though I would develop a passion for creating music. It started as writing lyrics as a creative outlet and evolved into wanting to perform those lyrics to the point of where I am now: Wanting to develop a strong, versatile singing voice!

I have the HTS +WW bonus and am starting with the Weekend Warrior section for about a month or so as I've read is advised in another thread. Finished my first run-through today, and, let's just say my throat isn't as strong as my quads lol. Would love to connect with others and see you achieve the ability that we know you can and will!

Comments

• MatsyMatsy Pro Posts: 168
    Hi and welcome. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the changes that will happen if you work the information Ken gives you properly.

I am only 2 months in at this point. There are songs I used to sing where I would have to sing as loud as I could just to hit some of the notes and I would always end up hoarse and regretting it. Those same songs now, even though the notes are still high... are under my control. I don't need to strain anymore. I use the correct vowel mod and the note is just there!

It's a great feeling. I can only imagine what it will be like in a year. That being said, there is still so much work to do.
  • lucienlucien Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 4
    > @Matsy said:
    > Hi and welcome. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the changes that will happen if you work the information Ken gives you properly.
    >
    > I am only 2 months in at this point. There are songs I used to sing where I would have to sing as loud as I could just to hit some of the notes and I would always end up hoarse and regretting it. Those same songs now, even though the notes are still high... are under my control. I don't need to strain anymore. I use the correct vowel mod and the note is just there!
    >
    > It's a great feeling. I can only imagine what it will be like in a year. That being said, there is still so much work to do.

That's great to hear and the best thing about taking up a new skill in my opinion, the fact that even though you know you aren't where you want to be yet, you've still made so much improvement that it makes a big difference. Keep up the good work, Matsy!