Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Is it possible to sing this song softer?

philnathphilnath Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 41
Hello !
I had some difficulties in the past (a close past) to sing high notes without singing too loud.
I've tried to work on it but there are some songs where i cant sing them without being loud like this song especially in the chorus : Hang me up to dry by Cold War Kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrrGKR8Xii4

Is it normal or can i change it and how?
Do i need to use glottal compression for it ?
Thanks by advance !

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    You would need to cut back the air a lot to sing the B4's without blowing out your voice. That would be glottal compression.
  • philnathphilnath Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 41
    Ok so thank you so much , i've finally complete one of my goal who was to sing softer , with glottal compression i can do this (It was so long for me to understand the concept)
    And so i want to go further , and i've tried to do distorsion which is my 2 lifegoal with singing and i dont understand how we can do this i work with cord closure and pushing more down on the diaphragm but it wont distort , i sing more easily etc but can distort it :p
    Could you help me ?

I can't tell you how much the forum and you particularly have helped me with singing
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    You need to take the discussion to the student area on Distortion and Glottal Compression.
  • philnathphilnath Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 41
    Okay no problem i'll do that !