Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Creedence, "Long As I Can See The Light".

@highmtn and anyone else, I'm starting to try adding some grit to my vocals sometimes. Does this sound like safe distortion? My voice felt fine after singing this way for over an hour...
By the way, the highest notes in this song are almost an octave above the highest notes I used to be able to hit. This course WORKShttp://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/bd60dcc1d

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    This link takes me to singsnap, but no player shows up to hear the song on.
  • You had some rough spots here, and there, but I really enjoyed listening to that.
    When you sing the "I" (EYE) parts, instead of trying to do the actual "I", try doing a soft ah instead. It will be less of a strain, but as I said, I really enjoyed it. Good job.

Peace, Tony
  • barthybarthy Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 24
    Sorry, Bob. Maybe it requires Flash or something? Thanks for trying, anyway! And Tony, thanks for your advice.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    I could play it on my home computer tonight. My laptop I was using earlier may not have the right plugins.

Good job. The B4's need to be contained a little better. B4's aren't the easiest note in the world to do. You'll need to push down on the diaphragm more for those, to help compress the notes and hold back the breath. They splat a little bit the way you're doing them. Towards the end of the song, there are about 3 or 4 of those in a row, and those were done more the way you should do the B4's all the way through the song. Instead of blasting the notes you are singing them more.

Tough song. Good job.
  • barthybarthy Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 24
    Thanks Bob, I’ll keep working on it.