Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Vocal workout

MmkMmk Member Posts: 22
There r many vocal coaches like ken, that other singing method guy, and some other youtube coaches. All have something special in any of their exercises. Like others teach lio rolls but ken don t. So shall i mixed all these teachings and exercises of these coaches or follow ken only. And how u guys do ur vocal workout?

Comments

• I researched a lot of vocal coaches, and methods before I joined here, and KTVA was the best fit for me. (I'm a rock and roll guy)
    Bottom line: this is a great singing program. I went from not being able to sing at all to being able to sing a lot of my favorites songs, and doing them well.
    Doing multible programs seems counter productive to me, and could be conflicting at times.

There isn't anything special about this program other than you learn how to sing correctly, and at a quick pace. If those other instructors only have one or two things each to learn from them, then I would pass on their program.
    Ken's program has it all front to back. Not just one thing he's good at, but everything as a whole.

Peace, Tony
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    I really do not recommend mixing different kind of teachings. Ken politely asks you in the program if you would 'check them out at the door'. So focus totally on KTVA. KTVA gives you the complete tool set. Some things you might not 'want' or 'need' such as stretching your chest voice really high, but the more tools you have, the more you are able to do. With everything you learn in KTVA, you can no doubt become a phenomenal singer. Following Ken's advice will get you there, but it takes patience, time and repetition. You might not understand everything quickly, but give it time and use the forum.

And i like the way @videoace puts it, using multiple teachings would seem counter productive.

All the best,

Ben
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    I don't advise mixing in anything from scam vocal methods with Ken Tamplin lessons.

Those are not "like Ken".

Just because some scam artist puts a video on YouTube about singing does not mean they are actually a vocal coach.

The person you mentioned actually put up a site to send search engine traffic to a site for the search "Is Superior Singing Method Really a Scam?". When you went there, it showed "proof" that that method wasn't a scam after all, and in "fact" was really a pretty good deal. Then it gave you a link to buy Superior Singing Method. Some people actually fell for that scam. It was put up to trick people who were beginning to smell a rat. If that's the level of honesty and quality you want, then go for it. And good luck with your voice.

They also are always putting comments on other vocal methods sites that say something like "my brother in law tried XYZ training and really got good results. Google it. " then when you google XYZ training, it turns out to be Superior Singing Method. Coincidence?

Does this sound like something you want to fall for?

If they use tactics like this, do you think their "singing lessons" actually work?

How many impressive singing demonstrations have you heard from that guy? His "How to sing High Notes" video had him singing all the way up to D4. UP to D4? That's one step up from MIDDLE C.

• MmkMmk Member Posts: 22
    I agree with u all :smile but why then ken don t teaches lip rolls? It s effective for activating head voice
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    I don't know if there is a difference between lip rolls and lip burbles? Because lip burbles are one of the exercises Ken teaches to warm up the voice, relax the face and even practice some bridging from chest to head voice.

They are not fundamental i guess, but it's a good skill to have and it does help you warm up and progress.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    There are lots of exercises in Ken's program using lip rolls, and they are more challenging than the ones I've done from previous courses. But the lip rolls are the easiest exercises in the whole course.

Ken doesn't have every exercise he teaches on YouTube.
  • MmkMmk Member Posts: 22
    agreed that ken is best, that was helpful and i won t go for other coaches videos rather than that of ken